The Asterid 2100 takes the 2000 base model and adds a PCB heated bed. A heated bed allows for printing in ABS by preventing warping of the parts and helps parts adhere to the build plate. In addition to the heated bed the Asterid 2100 also upgrades the print surface to borosilicate glass which is one of the flattest surfaces known to man. A flat print surface helps achieve world class results from a 3D printer due to the fact that the first layer is completely uniform. With three resolution settings (fine, medium and course) and a whopping 608 cubic inch build volume, the Asterid 2100 advanced desktop 3D printer is the simplest, fastest and cost effective tool available for making quality 3D models.
• Build volume 8" x 8" x 9.5"
• Uses standard 1.75mm NON-proprieatry plastic filament (ABS or PLA recommended)
• Strong extruded aluminum and wood frame with built-in filament spool holder
• Fully assembled & tested
• DRV8825 Stepper Drivers feature adjustable current limiting, overcurrent and overtemperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step)
• 12V 40W Heater catridge heating element standard
• Heated Borosilicate glass build surface
• 240W power supply
• Open design (no outer cover or door provided)
• Z-axis Tr8*8, 4 Start, 2mm Pitch, 8mm precision trapezoidal(metric) lead screws. Pitch and diameter are a perfect combination of high torque and speed -- uniform, smooth, precise threads of superior linear motion
• X and Y-axis utilize GT2 timing belts for high efficiency and low backlash
• Optional SDRamps module with Micro SD card reader for tetherless 3D printing
• Open-source software supplied on CD and downloadable from our website, please see our how-to guides on How to Install the software
All printers will ship with a software CD, but the software is also available to download via your internet connection.
• Fully configured Pronterface and Slic3r software which uses stereolithography (.STL) files as input
• We supply software for Windows computers, but open source software for the Mac & Linux is available
What's in the box?
• Plastic Scribbler Asterid Desktop 3D Printer, fully assembled & tested
• Software CD
• USB Cable
• Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
• Ramps v1.4 Motherboard
• Physical dimensions: 18.625" x 18.625" x 18.625" (L x W x H)
• Extruder moves in the vertical plane (Z-X), build platform moves in the horizonal plane (X-Y)
• Direct drive easy-load extruder with .4mm nozzle for faster print speeds
• ABS filament recommended, but extruding PLA or other thermoplastics is possible.
• Power supply works on both US voltage (115VAC) or European voltage (230VAC).
• .4mm nozzle diameter (replaceable nozzle)
• All metal hot-end
• Epocs NTC 100k 1% thermistor used on both hotend and HBP
• 3 layer height settings: .3mm, .2mm, .1mm (other layer heights possible)
More sample prints