Finally a 3D printer for the layman, our newest flagship product Asterid is a advanced additive manufacturing device capable of high resolution 3D prints. With three resolution settings (extra fine, fine and course) and a whopping 512 cubic inch build volume, our Asterid Desktop 3D printer is the simplest, fastest and cost effective tool available for making quality 3D models.
- 2000 -- standard model recommended for PLA only
- 2100 -- heated bed version, adds upgraded power supply, heated bed, Borosilicate glass build plate and runs both PLA and ABS filament
- 2200 -- All options plus a smart controller for computer free 3D printing (move each axis, extrude plastic and print directly from the 3D printer)
- Fully assembled & tested
- Build volume 8" x 8" x 9.5"
- Uses standard 1.75mm NON-proprietary plastic filament (ABS or PLA recommended)
- Strong extruded aluminum and wood frame with built-in filament spool holder
- Heated Borosilicate glass build surface (2100 and up)
- 240W power supply (2100 and up)
- Heater cartridge hot end heating element -- heavy duty construction provides high dielectric strength as well as shock and vibration resistance
- Z-axis Tr8*8, 4 Start, 2mm Pitch, 8mm precision trapezoidal(metric) lead screws. Pitch and diameter are a perfect combination of high torque and speed -- uniform, smooth, precise threads of superior linear motion
- X and Y-axis utilize GT2 timing belts -- curvilinear tooth profile provides excellent positioning characteristics, noise reduction, high shear strength, and improved load carrying capacity
- Smart Controller with SD card reader for computer-free 3D printer control (2200 and up)
- Optional SDRamps module with Micro SD card reader for tetherless 3D printing (2000 and 2100 only)
• Open-source software supplied on CD and downloadable from our website, please see our how-to guides on How to Install the software
All printers will ship with a software CD, but the software is also available to download via your internet connection.
• Fully configured Pronterface and Slic3r software which uses stereolithography (.STL) files as input
• We supply software for Windows computers, but open source software for the Mac & Linux is available
What's in the box?
• Plastic Scribbler Asterid Desktop 3D Printer, fully assembled & tested
• Software CD
• USB Cable
• Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
• Ramps v1.4 Motherboard
• Physical dimensions: 18.625" x 18.625" x 18.625" (L x W x H)
• Extruder moves in the vertical plane (Z-X), build platform moves in the horizonal plane (X-Y)
• Spring loaded direct drive extruder for fast, quality prints
• ABS filament recommended, but extruding PLA or other thermoplastics is possible.
• Power supply works on both US voltage (115VAC) or European voltage (230VAC).
• .4mm nozzle diameter (replaceable nozzle)
• All metal hot-end -- allows for experimentation with exotic plastics
• Epocs NTC 100k 1% thermistor used on both hotend and HBP
• 3 layer height settings: .3mm, .2mm, .1mm (other layer heights possible)
• Full 30 day money back guarantee. If you're unhappy with the purchase of your 3D printer for whatever reason, just return it for a full refund. All you pay is return shipping.
Visit our online store
Here are some sample prints using Asterid: