All orders will ship in approximately 1-2 weeks.
• Build volume 8" x 8" x 9.5"
• Uses standard 1.75mm NON-proprieatry plastic filament (ABS recommended)
• Strong extruded aluminum and wood frame with built-in filament spool holder
• Fully assembled & tested
• DRV8825 Stepper Drivers feature adjustable current limiting, overcurrent and overtemperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step)
• 12V 40W Heater catridge heating element standard
• Heated Borosilicate glass build surface
• 240W power supply
• Open design (no outer cover or door provided)
• Z-axis Tr8*8, 4 Start, 2mm Pitch, 8mm precision trapezoidal(metric) lead screws. Pitch and diameter are a perfect combination of high torque and speed -- uniform, smooth, precise threads for superior linear motion
• X and Y-axis utilize GT2 timing belts for high efficiency and low backlash
• Optional SDRamps module with Micro SD card reader for tetherless 3D printing
• Open-source software supplied on CD and downloadable from our website, please see our how-to guides on How to Install the software
All printers will ship with a software CD, but the software is also available to download via your internet connection.
• Fully configured Pronterface and Slic3r software which uses stereolithography (.STL) files as input
• We supply software for Windows computers, but open source software for the Mac & Linux is available
What's in the box?
• Plastic Scribbler Asterid Desktop 3D Printer, fully assembled & tested
• Software CD
• USB Cable
• Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
• Ramps v1.4 Motherboard
• Physical dimensions: 18.625" x 18.625" x 18.625" (L x W x H)
• Extruder moves in the vertical plane (Z-X), build platform moves in the horizonal plane (X-Y)
• Direct drive easy-load extruder with .4mm nozzle for faster print speeds
• ABS filament recommended, but extruding PLA or other thermoplastics is possible.
• Power supply works on both US voltage (115VAC) or European voltage (230VAC).
• .4mm nozzle diameter (replaceable nozzle)
• All metal hot-end
• Epocs NTC 100k 1% thermistor used on both hotend and HBP
• 3 layer height settings: .3mm, .2mm, .1mm (other layer heights possible)
|3D Model File Support||.STL (stereo-lithography) .OBJ (Wavefront Technologies) and .AMF (Additive Manufacturing File Format)|
|3D Printer Computer Interface||Printrun's Pronterface|
|Extruder Tensioner Control||Spring loaded bearing|
|Filament Type||ABS and PLA|
|Hot End Components||All metal construction|
|Nozzle Size||0.4mm diameter (replaceable)|
|Thermistor Type||Epocs NTC 100k 1% thermistor used on both hotend and HBP|
|X and Y Axis Linear Motion Mechanism||GT2 backlash free timing pulleys and belting on X and Y axes|
|3D Printing Technology||Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)|
|Build Surface||Borosilicate glass|
|Electronics||Reprap RAMPS version 1.4 electronics|
|Frame||Extruded aluminum and wood|
|Layer Heights||.1mm, .2mm, and .3mm|
|Physical Dimensions||18.625" x 18.625" x 18.625" case (L x W x H)|
|Z-Axis Linear Motion type||Tr8*8, 4 Start, 2mm Pitch, 8mm precision trapezoidal(metric) lead screws. Pitch and diameter are a perfect combination of high torque and speed -- uniform, smooth, precise threads of superior linear motion|
|Power Supply||240W -- 12VDC @ 20amps|
|Build Volume||8" x 8" x 9.5" Build Volume! (204mm x 204mm x 241.3mm, 608 cubic inches or 10,041,940.8 cubic mm)|