This model has been replaced by our new and improved Asterid Model 2200.
Please visit this page for more information:
All orders will ship in approximately 2-3 weeks.
• LCD Smart Controller with SD card reader for computer-free 3D printer control
• Heater cartridge hot end heating element
• Build volume 8" x 8" x 8"
• Uses standard 1.75mm NON-proprietary plastic filament (ABS or PLA recommended)
• Strong extruded aluminum and wood frame with built-in filament spool holder
• Fully assembled & tested
• Heated borosilicate glass build surface
• 240W power supply
• Open design (no outer cover or door provided)
• Z-axis ACME lead screws standard
• X and Y-axis utilize GT2 timing belts for high efficiency and low backlash
• Open-source software supplied on CD and downloadable from our website, please see our how-to guides on How to Install the software
All printers will ship with a software CD, but the software is also available to download via your internet connection.
• Fully configured Pronterface and Slic3r software which uses stereolithography (.STL) files as input
• We supply software for Windows computers, but open source software for the Mac & Linux is available
What's in the box?
• Plastic Scribbler Asterid Desktop 3D Printer, fully assembled & tested
• Software CD
• USB Cable
• Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
• Ramps v1.4 Motherboard
• Physical dimensions: 18.625" x 18.625" x 18.625" (L x W x H)
• Extruder moves in the vertical plane (Z-X), build platform moves in the horizonal plane (X-Y)
• Spring loaded geared extruder with .4mm nozzle
• ABS filament recommended, but extruding PLA or other thermoplastics is possible.
• Power supply works on both US voltage (115VAC) or European voltage (230VAC).
• .4mm nozzle diameter (replaceable nozzle)
• All metal hot-end
• Epocs NTC 100k 1% thermistor used on both hotend and HBP
• 3 layer height settings: .3mm, .2mm, .1mm (other layer heights possible)
• Full 30 day money back guarantee. If you're unhappy with the purchase of your 3D printer for whatever reason, just return it for a full refund. All you pay is return shipping.
|3D Model File Support||.STL (stereo-lithography) .OBJ (Wavefront Technologies) and .AMF (Additive Manufacturing File Format)|
|3D Printer Computer Interface||Printrun's Pronterface|
|Graphic Display||LCD Smart Controller with SD card reader for computer free 3D printer control|
|Extruder Tensioner Control||Spring loaded bearing|
|Filament Type||ABS and PLA|
|Hot End Components||All metal construction|
|Hot End Heating Element||Heater Cartridge|
|Nozzle Size||0.4mm diameter (replaceable)|
|Thermistor Type||Epocs NTC 100k 1% thermistor used on both hotend and HBP|
|X and Y Axis Linear Motion Mechanism||GT2 backlash free timing pulleys and belting on X and Y axes|
|3D Printing Technology||Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)|
|Build Surface||Borosilicate glass|
|Electronics||Reprap RAMPS version 1.4 electronics|
|Frame||Extruded aluminum and wood|
|Layer Heights||0.09525mm,, 0.1984mm, 0.2937mm|
|Physical Dimensions||18.625" x 18.625" x 18.625" case (L x W x H)|
|Z-Axis Linear Motion type||ACME 1/4-16" lead screws|
|Power Supply||240W -- 12VDC @ 20amps|
|Build Volume||8" x 8" x 8" Build Volume! (204mm x 204mm x 204mm, 512 cubic inch or 8,489,664 cubic mm)|