Finally a 3D printer for the layman, our newest flagship product Asterid 1000S is an advanced additive manufacturing device capable of high resolution 3D prints. With three resolution settings (extra fine, fine and course) and a whopping 512 cubic inch build volume, our Asterid 1000S desktop 3D printer is the simplest, fastest and cost effective tool available for making quality 3D models.
• Build volume 8" x 8" x 8"
• Extrudes standard 1.75mm NON-proprietary plastic filament (PLA recommended, ABS possible but suggested only with heated bed)
• 18.625" x 18.625" x 18.625" case footprint (L x W x H)
• Strong extruded aluminum and wood frame
• Fully assembled & tested
• Plate glass build surface
• 120W power supply
• Open design (no outer conver or door provided)
• Open-source software, downloadable on our website, please see our how-to guides on How to Install the software
All printers will ship with a software CD, but the software is also available to download via your internet connection.
• Fully configured Pronterface and Slic3r which uses stereolithography (.STL) files as input
• We supply software for Windows computers, but open source software for the Mac, & Linux is available
What's in the box?
• Plastic Scribbler Asterid Desktop 3D Printer, fully assembled & tested
• Software CD
• USB Cable
• Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
• Ramps v1.4 Motherboard
• Extruder moves in the vertical plane (Z-X), build platform moves in the horizonal plane (X-Y)
• Spring loaded geared extruder with .4mm nozzle
• ABS filament recommended, but extruding PLA is possible.
• Power supply works on both US voltage (115VAC) or European voltage (230VAC)
• 3 layer height settings set-up in slic3r -- .3mm, .2mm, .1mm
• Full 30 day money back guarantee. If you're unhappy with the purchase of your 3D printer for whatever reason, just return it for a full refund. All you pay is return shipping.
Here are some sample prints printed with our 1000HB model in ABS plastic: